Crack Injections — Crack Sealants
Most cracks in poured concrete walls are standard settling hairline cracks. These cracks can be sealed with an elastiomeric watertight sealant from the inside. Cracks that are not technically a hairline crack (more than 1/8 of an inch) are typically injected with the same method used to inject waterlines and sewerlines. Injection ports are applied to the crack and a polyurethane injection material pumped into it to fill the crack and prevent water penetration. If you have a problem with a foundation crack call Murrell’s first. We can eliminate the need for repeat visits by solving the problem with one of the most innovative methods of crack sealant available on the market today.
Emecole Concrete Repair is Permanent and Economical with Epoxy Resins and Polyurethane Grouts
Waterline and Sewerline Injections
Let Murrell’s take care of your waterline and sewerline penetrations. A polyurethane injection system is the most advanced way to seal a waterline or sewerline. Don’t seal the area with rigid hydraulic cements that will separate as soon as the line is used or the temperature changes nor do you want to fill them with unreliable foams that are made for caulking windows and doors. Call Murrell’s first to have the areas sealed and guaranteed.
Murrell’s uses only the highest quality polyurethane products to ensure the most effective seal possible. All Murrell’s repair foremen are certified applicators of Emecole Polyurethane Injection Systems.
- 1 – line water or sewer $325.00
- 2 – lines in one trip $425.00
Additionally we can seal empty unused sleeves at the same.
Interior Drain Systems
Interior Drain Systems are a great solution for Yankee Basements. This system can be installed during new construction.
A gravel drainage system under the slab connected to a battery back up sump pump system is an ideal way to ensure a dry basement. The same interior drain system can be installed in an older home where excavation for waterproofing is just not possible. Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding interior drain systems and sump pump systems.
Recommendations for a Yankee or Well Basement
A “Yankee” (or well) basement is defined as a space that is completely within the ground, offering no daylight and no ingress/egress. This type of basement requires additional waterproofing measures to insure water and moisture are channeled around the space and not permitted to penetrate either the walls or floor. Below are Murrell’s recommendations for a Yankee basement:
- Prior to pouring the foundation walls, the location of the drainage pipes should be clearly identified. These pipes usually enter a basement into a mechanical room and are installed in conjunction with a sump pump to eject water from the drainage system. To properly install these pipes, one 6″ diameter access hole needs to be present in the footing to allow the drains to enter the basement; one at the mechanical room is preferred.
- The exterior walls must be properly waterproofed and the necessary exterior drainage must be installed. The exterior drain must extend to the interior of the basement.
- The next critical phase of waterproofing is addressed after the slab area has been prepped and the plumbing roughed in but PRIOR to the installation of the re-bar and vapor barrier. A minimum of 4″ of gravel is essential to proper drainage and must be installed below all areas that will be poured as part of the slab. Please contact our office and we will dispatch a crew to install the appropriate interior drainage system and sump pump basin. Please keep in mind that doing it the RIGHT way at this point is very simple and the most cost effective way of ensuring your basement NEVER leaks.
- The sump pump basin and interior drain are typically installed at the same time. However, we do not install the sump pump itself until the house is “dried in”. This prevents damage to the pump system itself.
- Your professionally installed and guaranteed system by Murrell’s Waterproofing is complete when the pump is installed and connected to power that you provide.